Leanconf...the other Lean Startup conference - Exclusive all video access
Some of you may, or may not know, I organise a Lean Startup conference…
It's actually the only one in Europe :)
The last Leanconf was held in November 2014 and we shared so many great stories and lessons. I'm giving you first access to all the talks (unless you attended, you already have them).
I thought I would share my recommendations to help guide you through.
If you only have time to watch 2 videos…
Call To Action - The truly brilliant Janice Fraser (@clevergirl) gives an engaging, inspiring and entertaining talk. Watch to the end for a very touching moment.
I Know This Great Little Place - This is for founders. Rossa tells a great story about starting the business. Very inspiring talk on how they proved various hypothesis in a series of simple MVPs. Testing the most basic of assumptions with a Facebook page, building an audience and learning quickly. True disruption of an existing market!
For innovators in existing organisations:
Technology Is Not Enough - Barry discusses how organisations need to reduce learning anxiety and create cross-functional, customer-facing teams with more autonomy to innovative. Great real life example of how this was achieved by gov.uk.
For Marketplace startups:
Lean Marketplaces - If you are building a marketplace startup then this is a MUST watch. Dharmesh goes through the Lean Startup playbook for marketplaces. Very practical tips!
One Metric To Rule Them All - Ash Maurya gives a sneak peek at some of the concepts in his next book. Looking at how throughput can affect your business model.
How can you design effective experiments? Grace has practical tips on designing experiments and the common pitfalls.
Award for best recovery
Special mention goes to Tristan who has a complete slide failure, but still gives a great talk
All the videos in order of appearance
- Technology Is Not Enough (Barry O’Reilly)
- Beyond MVP: Creating Your Minimum Lovable Product (Laurence McCahill)
- A/B Testing - When, How, Examples and Pittfalls (Ton Wesseling) spelling mistake is on purpose
- Applying Lean Startup Methods In Big Organisations - Does This Work? (Dr. Agnes Szejka & Andrea Schmitt)
- Lean Marketplaces (Dharmesh Raithatha)
- Let’s Get Real; How You Should Turn Theory Into Practice (Leon Pals)
- Applying Lean Startup to Design Consulting (Martina Hodges-Schell)
- Designing Effective Experiments (Grace Ng)
- Keynote - One Metric To Rule Them All (Ash Maurya)
- Strategic Innovation Management in Mature Enterprises (Dan Toma & Tendayi Viki)
- Growth Hacking Quick Wins (Mattan Griffel)
- The "Redesign" Problem; Redesign Through Iterative Experiments (Kyle Muller)
- Customer Development on a Global Scale (Raven Keller)
- How to Fail at Customer Interviewing (Adrian Howard)
- Speaking the Language of Lean (Kuty Shalev)
- I Know This Great Little Place... Humble Beginnings (Rossa Shanks)
- The Taxonomy of the Lean Startup Anti-Pivot (Tristan Kromer)
- Keynote - Leanconf: Call To Action (Janice Fraser)